Open English @ SLCC
Texts on Writing, Language, and Literacy
Open English @ SLCC originated from a shared desire to offer affordable, responsive, accessible instructional resources for students enrolled in composition courses at SLCC. This Pressbook is one part of the Open English project. It works as a local venue for faculty, students, and other members of the SLCC community to circulate ideas about and discuss writing in their lives.
- 30. Effects That Experienced Writers Use
- 31. The Narrative Effect: Story as the Forward Frame
- 32. The Information Effect: The Facts, the Figures, the So What?
- 33. The Persuasion Effect: What Does It Mean to Write Persuasively?
- 34. The Evaluation Effect: Making Judgments
- 35. GENRE in the WILD: Understanding Genre Within Rhetorical (Eco)systems
- 36. Whose Job Is It to Make "Good" Writing? Writer-Responsible vs. Reader-Responsible Languages
Open English @ SLCC by https://openenglishatslcc.pressbooks.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.